Monday, August 4, 2008

Long and Winding Road...

The best of summer days... The sky was so blue... The sun so warm on your skin. Time at the beach on Saturday, was enhanced with the company of my mother. I enjoyed stepping into the big Lake to cool off and with the wind there were good waves to play in. Mom was captivated by a little girl in a pink bikini! She was reminded of our Devin as a small child. Seems like yesterday!!!

My dad captained the boat for a lovely ride Sunday morning. We went looking for the eagles and checking out the dam on Hamlin Lake. After Saturday and a bit of wind, the lake was like glass. As always, the food was fantastic and I felt pampered and loved. I read Harry Potter # 6 and into #7 while sitting in many different spots, enjoying both sun and shade or even a little rocking action from the water! A very nice lazy weekend.

On the way home I got to chat with a good friend from high school, Sam Caldwell! Actually the whole way home!! Good thing for long distance minutes on the weekend! But it sure made the trip go by fast and do not fret-- I have hands free capability so the only thing cars noticed was me talking away and gesturing with my hands to my conversation!!! Sam and I have always had the kind of relationship that can transcend time and place and we just pick up where we left off. Those kinds of friends are precious gems. And she helped to make a long and winding road bearable!

No comments: