Saturday, September 26, 2009

Power within comes from the Power beyond...

The reminder to be on my knees comes when my world does not spin on its normal axis. When words come that things have changed, with no regard to what I want, I realize how long it has been since I have sought out my GOD. When my pace is steady and strong, I walk along, thinking I have things under control. But so quickly, I stumble over something placed on the path of my life and realize, I have no control - no strength on my own to handle this obstacle. I break at the first impact and crumble into fear, panic and doubt.

It is at this time that my God gifts - the people that have been placed here to lift and support me - come into play, and I know I am not alone! With little actions and words of encouragement, they show me my Father. They show me strength, power and love. When I think I am walking on a very small hidden path - full of brier, bramble and boulders - they show me that the path is really a wide road, made for walking three and four abreast. They ask for what I cannot and comfort my anxious mind. In my weakness, God has given me so many many gifts of grace through these dear people and they in turn, remind me who is holding me tight and protecting me from harm and never leaving me to face anything by myself. They show that God is showering me with cool calming pieces of Himself and He fills me with His peace that surpasses all understanding. I am guided to His words and His promises and find the balm that will cover and heal my brokenness. How can I even think that I walk alone?

No comments: