Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I am what I am

Being true to yourself is hard to be....it comes much easier to just go with the flow and hang with the crowd! But what if that is not me? What if I do believe that positivity and joy are good to spread around? What if I do not think that something is funny and choose not to laugh? There are been times of late that I have been criticized for my sensitivity and I have felt that I am somehow less because I do not see life as others do! I am not wrong..they are not wrong...We just view life differently and that is okay! But I have also noticed that I have allowed myself to change a bit and I am not sure that the change is for the best! When did it become okay to laugh at other's misfortune or to say things crude and be obnoxious? When did we stop caring about other peoples feelings and think it was okay to say whatever came into our heads with no filters? Why am I wrong to think differently, act with compassion, and try to bring a positive light into a dark place? To value my thought process and morals. Not to state that I am better or worse than anyone else...different, individual, unique to me. That is okay...and I need to know that and not feel inferior or less. I need to be the best me I can be....

No comments: