Friday, September 10, 2010
Always Protection and Care....
I traveled to Wisconsin to see Kim and Jim over the Labor Day weekend. Lola (my concord) was hesitating and did not want to go into gear and on the way home the problem became severe. I contacted a good friend from North Park, Brian White who is a mechanic and took her over on Tuesday night. He thought that the transmission was shot and that would be about $2500.00....My heart sank as that is money I do not have and the car is something I have to have. So I left Lola overnight with Brian. He stayed in contact with me via Face Book and notified me that my fluids were all low!!! So long story short...it ended up being 250.00 in stead of 2500.00. Vast improvement and I am so grateful to Brian, for his profession and his friendship! I am also very blessed by my brother in law Jim! While with them this weekend, he assisted me in selecting a new TV, to replace the one taken out by a storm this summer. Jim researched on line what my requirements were and found a great deal in a 32 inch flat screen VIZIO. He also fixed my beach chair as the arms had come loose. I now am all set for my next excursion to the beach and am happily watching great football on a big screen! I am constantly reminded that GOD is looking out for me through these precious people. My little sister Kim continues to be an inspiration to me with her life and welcomes me into her world. My folks have been supportive throughout my life and when my income tax refund became an issue, they gave me encouragement financially to aid me through the tough times of waiting. That check also arrived this past weekend and I am hoping to get things covered and put a bit of a cushion aside. With the changing seasons coming on I also need to get my furnace checked and maintained. Then I got a nice surprise from my brother Ed, I am in need of getting some wood cut up for my fireplace and had asked to borrow a chainsaw from him...the response was that "a sister should not have to do that!", so HE is coming to take care of my needs! I continue to walk through this season of physical change within my body. I covet prayers for health to stay and tests to come back with good results! Yes, there is always something....but there is always protection and care...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment