Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Celebrating a NEW YEAR...2011!

I ask this question all the time, how can it be that we are done with another year? I have enjoyed 2010 and really am looking forward to 2011 and all that will unfold within it. I am including the news I sent out with Christmas letters as to highlights of 2010 and will try to post happenings for this year.

The first snow of the season is falling! It is time once again to sit and put down on paper, my thoughts of this past year. Christmas music is in the air along with the scent of holly from a candle burning, so I am settled in to begin! Greetings to you all, near or far. The dance of the holidays is amazing to me. 2010 has been another full year.
I gathered with my sisters and nieces in Chicago in between the holidays for some time on the town, we shopped and ate our way around that windy city and promised to do this again soon. New Year’s Eve was spent with some wonderful old friends from high school years. Laughter and a whole lot of fun made up our time together with a promise of many more in the New Year. A few trips to Detroit to visit family and friends, a quick road trip to Georgia, a mission trip to West Virginia, family reunion in Ludington, hop over to Wisconsin to be with my little sister and brother in law, many trips to Lake Michigan for fun in the sun and visits with family and friends who ventured to Plainwell. I experienced my first wine tasting tour, helped celebrate a marriage, many birthdays and sadly, said good-bye to some.
Andrea graduated from Western Michigan University in May with honors and a celebration with family and friends. She is now in that process of finding the job that we all search for. She has worked a few that have added to her experience and currently is working for the Salvation Army with families that are in need during this time of year. May she always see the good and nobleness of this endeavor and not become bogged down by the apathy and “you owe me” attitude of some clients?
This year gave me the chance to become a “Big Sister” to a “little”. Together, we are discovering what we have in common and what we can share with each other through outings and conversation. Brittnee is a bit shy, but seems to be right at the edge of blossoming into a beautiful young woman.
Lori, Andrea and I traveled to Mackinac Island this summer. Beginning our trip with an overnight in Ludington with my folks. Then onto Charlevoix and camping at Aunt Joann’s and visits with cousins long seen. We stayed on the Island for a night and partook of the night life and early morning time before the “boats’ arrived. Then back to Charlevoix. I think my favorite time was spent with the girls on the dock at Lake Charlevoix at midnight, watching the metros fall in the night sky. We talked and just spent that time together…yep, that was the best time.
Some dear friends moved back into the area and this year I have been able to see them so much more. We have gathered and had fun, in the same fashion as we did in our youth, but there is a bittersweet sense to it, as we have found it again! More old friends have joined in on dinners and road trips, wine tasting and “riding in the mustang”, ringing in the New Year and celebrating “Another year”, lunches and trips to Lake Michigan for beach time. I am looking forward to what this New Year will hold for us, my dear friends.
My life continues to be blessed and I have met some wonderful people and shared in some fantastic experiences. I hope that you all enjoy the blessing of this life and with this Christmas letter, know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. May Peace abound and your cups overflow!

No comments: