Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring time....

A favorite time for me as I walk my yard and clean up the left over crud from winter. I see young sprouts poking up and color coming to my gardens. I shed the heavy clothes of winter myself and am ready to bask in the sun, even with the cooler winds, I brave breaks and lunch hours at work and afternoon readings on my porch, finally giving in and seeking the warmth of indoors. But when I work outside or walk or ride my bike, I can tolerate the chill in the air and be thankful for the cooling winds. We have had warmer than normal temperatures this past week and it just felt good to raise my face to the sun and soak in the heat and glow. It awakens in me a desire to freshen up around hearth and home as well as renew my drive to decrease my girth. I am so thankful for the change of seasons, for with each one, something new is reborn.

No comments: