The snow came down and down and down.... It was green just Thursday and now we have about 2 feet of snow, with more falling as I write. Then will come the blowing and drifting...But to see it sparkle and hang on the bush outside my window - it is beautiful! It looks like a warm blanket covering things up to protect from the cold - but ... with the temperatures in the teens and below, it is not fit for man or beast to be out too long.
I have never been good at being confined, especially by myself, in the house. I am also going to need to find some more firewood, as I have about burned through what I have. I do so enjoy being able to light a fire and snuggle down into a blanket for reading or TV viewing. I have also started a puzzle so, as I wander by the table, I place a few pieces and work on completing the picture.
I have been grateful for the contacts from friends as to what they are doing all over this fine country. To hear that trees are just loosing leaves or that oranges are growing just outside their windows, changes my perspective and makes me grateful for the differences. I hope to head to warmer weather in February for a vacation with family and friends. I just need to firm up the plans. Well for now I would like to continue on the course of driving safe and staying healthy this month and you do the same!
No comments:
Post a Comment